Prodi Urban And Regional Planning Study Program
The Urban and Regional Planning Study Programme is one of the study programmes at the Faculty of Engineering, Universitas Indo Global Mandiri (UIGM), which is concerned with the discipline of Urban and Regional Planning or Spatial Planning. UIGM Urban and Regional Planning Study Programme was established in 2018. The PWK Study Programme was opened to meet the increasing need for expert planners in the field of Territory and City. Universitas IGM PWK Study Programme is the only PWK Study Programme in South Sumatra. The areas of specialisation that become the concentration of the UIGM PWK Study Programme are in the sectors of Regional Planning and Development, Urban Planning, Spatial Planning, Housing and Settlements, and Spatial Planning Information Systems. The education level in UIGM's Urban and Regional Planning Study Programme is taken in 8 semesters (4 years) and has been accredited B by BAN-PT. Graduates who have completed the study are Bachelor of Urban and Regional Planning (S.P.W.K).
In order to improve the competence of students and graduates, Universitas IGM's PWK Study Programme has been registered with the Indonesian Planning Schools Association (ASPI) and Cooperation with the Association of Planners (IAP) as a Professional Certification Institution for Urban and Regional Planning Experts for graduates. Collaborating with various Regional Government Agencies in the implementation of Studio Courses, Training, Guest Lectures, Certified Internships including BAPPEDA, Public Works and Spatial Planning Office, National Land Agency (BPN), Environmental Service, Transportation Service, Ministry of ATR / BPN RI and several Consultants in the Field of Planning at the Regional and National levels.
Producing young planners who are professional and with integrity to fill and create job opportunities in the spatial planning sector.
1. Providing education that produces a Bachelor of Urban and Regional Planning with strong character, integrity, quality with expertise in the spatial planning sector and geographic information systems.
2. Providing research that supports the development and advancement of science and technology in the spatial planning and geographic information system sector.
3. Implementing science and technology in the spatial planning sector and geographic information systems to local, national and international societies by involving students, the academic community and stakeholders.
4. Establishing communication and cooperation with stakeholders including professional organizations in the spatial planning sector and geographic information systems in the implementation of the three pillars of higher education.
1. Developing students to be able to think strategically, innovatively, critically and prioritise the interests of the community in carrying out the regional and urban planning process.
2. Students are expected to be able to prepare documents and present the results of the implementation of the regional and urbanplanning process.
It provides students with the ability to make decisions in the planning process based on the selected approach.
It offers students the ability to outline regional and city plans into policies, programmes and action plans; assess the feasibility of programmes; and evaluate their implementation from technical, environmental, economic, socio-cultural, financing and institutional aspects.
It offers students the ability to evaluate the process-input-output in the implementation of planning programmes.
Designed to provide students with the ability to run and become facilitators of urban and regional planning processes, using appropriate approaches, methods and techniques.
|Faculty||Faculty Of Engineering|
|Academic Program||Urban And Regional Planning Study Program|
|Program Type||Undergraduate Program (S1)|
|Duration of Study||8 Semester (4 years)|